This salad is great as an appetizer or a side dish and green and red vegetables make it very festive for the holidays season or at any time of the year :-).
Rich in fiber, minerals, antioxidants and all nine essential amino acids, quinoa is one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet. It may improve your blood sugar and cholesterol levels and even aid weight loss. It’s naturally gluten-free, delicious, and my favorite thing – it cooks in 15 min :-).
· 1 cups of uncooked quinoa
· 1 ¾ cups of water
· ½ cup parsley, chopped
· ½ cup cilantro, chopped
· 3 green onions, finely chopped
· 1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
· ½ red bell pepper, chopped in small cubes
· ½ yellow bell pepper, chopped in small cubes
· 1 cup frozen green peas, cooked as instructed and cooled down
· 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil or your favorite healthy oil
· juice of 1/2 lemon
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1 tsp. salt
· ½ tsp. black pepper
1. Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Wash quinoa. Place in the boiling water.
3. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 min.
4. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 min.
5. Fluff quinoa with a fork and allow to cool down for 20-30 minutes.
6. Toss quinoa and all the ingredients in a bowl, pour dressing over and toss it again until well combined. Enjoy!